Stewart International Airport
Stewart International Airport is a public airport located in the southern Hudson Valley, in New York State, USA. The airport is situated in the town of Newburgh, in Orange County, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. It is operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
The airport was originally a military base, and it has been used for commercial purposes since the 1990s. Today, it serves as a small regional airport, with a focus on low-cost carriers and cargo operations. It has one terminal building and two runways.
Stewart International Airport offers domestic and international flights to destinations in the United States, the Caribbean, and Europe. Some of the airlines that operate at the airport include Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and Norwegian Air Shuttle. The airport also has a cargo terminal that serves companies such as FedEx and UPS.
In recent years, the airport has undergone significant renovations and expansions to improve its facilities and increase its capacity. These improvements include a new customs and border protection facility, a renovated passenger terminal, and a new parking garage.
Stewart International Airport Code
|Owner||State of New York|
|Operator||Port Authority of New York and New Jersey|
|Location||1180 First Street,
New Windsor, NY
|Total passengers (12 months ending Mar 2018)||321,000|
|Aircraft operations (2017)||47,081|
|Based Aircraft (2018)||85|
Stewart International Airport Location
Stewart International Airport is located in the town of Newburgh, in Orange County, New York, USA. The airport is situated approximately 60 miles north of New York City, and it is easily accessible by car, bus, or train.
The address of the airport is 1180 First Street, New Windsor, NY 12553. It is located just off of Interstate 84, which runs east-west through the Hudson Valley, and is also close to the New York State Thruway (Interstate 87).
There are several transportation options available for travelers who wish to get to or from the airport, including taxi and car rental services, as well as bus and train services provided by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) and other regional transit agencies.
How to Reach Stewart International Airport
Stewart International Airport is located in New Windsor, NY, and there are several transportation options available for travelers who wish to reach the airport.
- By Car: The airport is easily accessible by car, and it is located just off of Interstate 84. If you are coming from New York City, take the George Washington Bridge and follow signs for I-87 North, then take Exit 17 for I-84 West towards Stewart Airport. From there, follow signs for the airport.
- By Taxi: Several taxi companies provide service to and from the airport. Some of the major providers include Groundlink, Carmel Car and Limo, and Dial 7 Car and Limo Service. It is recommended to book in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
- By Public Transit: The MTA provides bus and train services to the airport. You can take the Metro-North Railroad’s Hudson Line to Beacon Station, and then take the Beacon Shuttle to the airport. The Coach USA bus service also runs between the airport and the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City.
- By Shuttle: Several shuttle services provide transportation to and from the airport, including GO Airport Shuttle and SuperShuttle. These services are convenient and often offer shared-ride options to save money.
It is recommended to plan ahead and book transportation in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
Stewart International Airport Terminal Information
Stewart International Airport has one terminal building that houses all of its passenger facilities. The terminal has two levels and offers a range of amenities to passengers. Arrivals are located on the lower level, and departures are located on the upper level.
Stewart International Airport Upper Level
The upper level of Stewart International Airport’s terminal is dedicated to departures and features a range of facilities to assist passengers before their flights. Here is an overview of what you can find on the upper level:
- Check-in Counters: There are several check-in counters available for passengers to check-in for their flights. Most airlines also offer self-service kiosks for check-in.
- Security Screening: Security screening is located on the upper level of the terminal, and it is operated by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- Retail and Dining: There are several retail shops and dining options available on the upper level, including a Hudson News newsstand, Dunkin’ Donuts, and a full-service restaurant and bar.
- Gates and Boarding: The upper level of the terminal has several gates for boarding flights. Passengers can find their gate numbers on flight information display screens (FIDS) located throughout the terminal.
- Lounges: The airport has one lounge, the USO Lounge, which is available to military personnel and their families.
- Other Services: The upper level of the terminal also offers free Wi-Fi access, charging stations for electronic devices, a business center, and an information desk.
Overall, the upper level of Stewart International Airport’s terminal provides a range of services and amenities to make the departure process as smooth and convenient as possible for passengers.
Stewart International Airport Lower Level
The lower level of Stewart International Airport’s terminal is dedicated to arrivals and features several facilities to assist passengers upon their arrival. Here is an overview of what you can find on the lower level:
- Baggage Claim: Baggage claim is located on the lower level of the terminal. Passengers can retrieve their checked baggage from the baggage carousels, which are located near the exit doors.
- Ground Transportation: There are several ground transportation options available on the lower level, including taxi and car rental services. There are also shuttle services available to nearby hotels.
- Information Desk: There is an information desk located on the lower level of the terminal, which can provide assistance to passengers with any questions or concerns.
- Restrooms: Restrooms are located throughout the terminal, including on the lower level.
- Other Services: The lower level of the terminal also offers vending machines, an ATM, and a nursing room.
Overall, the lower level of Stewart International Airport’s terminal provides a range of services and amenities to assist passengers upon their arrival at the airport.
Flight Status Stewart International Airport
You can check the flight status for arrivals and departures at Stewart International Airport by visiting the airport’s website or by contacting the airline directly.
To check flight status on the airport’s website, follow these steps:
- Visit the airport’s website at https://www.swfny.com/
- Click on “Flights” in the main menu.
- Select “Arrivals” or “Departures,” depending on the flight you want to check.
- Find the flight you are interested in and check the status.
You can also check the flight status by contacting the airline directly. Most airlines provide flight status updates through their websites or mobile apps. You can also call the airline’s customer service hotline to get the latest information on your flight’s status.
It’s a good idea to check the flight status before leaving for the airport to avoid any inconvenience caused by flight delays or cancellations.
Stewart International Airport Arrival
List of flights Arrive today at Stewart International Airport:
Stewart International Airport Departure
List of flights Depart today from Stewart International Airport:
Stewart International Airport Security Wait Times
You can check the security wait times at Stewart International Airport by visiting the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) website or by using the MyTSA mobile app.
To check the security wait times on the TSA website, follow these steps:
- Visit the TSA website at https://www.tsa.gov/
- Click on “For Travelers” in the main menu.
- Select “Security Wait Times” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “New York” from the list of states.
- Find “Stewart International Airport (SWF)” on the list and check the wait times.
You can also download the MyTSA mobile app to check the security wait times at Stewart International Airport or any other airport in the US. The app provides real-time updates on security wait times, so you can plan your travel accordingly.
Keep in mind that security wait times can vary depending on the time of day, day of the week, and season. It’s a good idea to arrive at the airport at least two hours before your scheduled departure time to allow for security screening and any other necessary procedures.
Stewart International Airport Smoking Area
Smoking is not allowed inside the terminal building or any other indoor areas at Stewart International Airport. The airport is a smoke-free facility, and smoking is prohibited in all areas, including restrooms, restaurants, and lounges.
However, there are designated smoking areas outside the terminal building. Passengers who wish to smoke can do so in the designated smoking area located outside the terminal, near the curbside pickup area. The smoking area is marked with signs and is equipped with ashtrays.
Passengers are advised to check with the airport personnel or signage to locate the designated smoking areas and to avoid smoking in non-designated areas, as smoking in non-designated areas is subject to fines and penalties.
Stewart International Airport Map
Stewart International Airport Aerial View
Stewart International Airport Hotels
There are several hotels near Stewart International Airport that offer convenient accommodation options for travelers. Some of the hotels located near the airport include:
- Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport: This hotel is located less than 1 mile from the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. The hotel features a fitness center, indoor pool, and on-site restaurant.
- Hampton Inn Newburgh-West Point: This hotel is located about 3 miles from the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. The hotel features a fitness center, outdoor pool, and hot breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Point-Fort Montgomery: This hotel is located about 10 miles from the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. The hotel features a fitness center, indoor pool, and hot breakfast.
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh: This hotel is located about 4 miles from the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. The hotel features a fitness center, outdoor pool, and on-site restaurant.
- Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport: This hotel is located less than 1 mile from the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. The hotel features a fitness center, indoor pool, and on-site restaurant.
These are just a few of the hotels located near Stewart International Airport. Passengers are advised to check with the individual hotels for availability, rates, and amenities.
Stewart International Airport Lounges with timing
There is one lounge at Stewart International Airport, the USO Lounge, which is located on the Upper Level of the terminal building, next to the Departure Gate. The lounge is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is free for active-duty military personnel and their families, as well as National Guard, Reserves, and Retirees.
In addition to the USO Lounge, passengers can access the Priority Pass Lounge, which is located in the International Arrivals area of the terminal. The lounge offers a range of amenities, including comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, snacks, and beverages. The lounge is open daily from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm. However, it is important to note that access to the Priority Pass Lounge is only available to passengers who hold a valid Priority Pass membership or have purchased a day pass.
Passengers are advised to check with the lounge for any changes in timing or availability, as hours of operation are subject to change.
Stewart International Airport Car Rental
What are the car rental companies at Stewart International Airport
There are several car rental companies located at Stewart International Airport, offering a range of rental options to suit different needs and budgets. The car rental companies located at Stewart International Airport include:
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Dollar Rent A Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
All of the car rental companies have rental counters located inside the terminal building, in the Baggage Claim area, on the lower level. Passengers can make reservations in advance or rent a car on arrival at the airport, subject to availability. It is recommended to compare prices and book in advance to get the best rates and ensure availability of the preferred car type.
Stewart International Airport Bus Service
There are several bus services available for passengers traveling to and from Stewart International Airport. These include:
- Coach USA ShortLine: The Coach USA ShortLine bus service provides daily scheduled services between the airport and the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City. The bus also serves various locations in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The schedule and fares can be found on their website.
- Leprechaun Lines: Leprechaun Lines provides bus services from the airport to various locations in the Hudson Valley region, including New Paltz, Poughkeepsie, and Newburgh. The schedule and fares can be found on their website.
- Hudson Valley Regional Transit: The Hudson Valley Regional Transit bus service provides local bus services from the airport to various locations in the Hudson Valley region, including Newburgh, Beacon, and Fishkill. The schedule and fares can be found on their website.
- Stewart Airport Express: The Stewart Airport Express provides daily scheduled services between the airport and the New York City Port Authority Bus Terminal, Grand Central Terminal, and the Times Square area. The schedule and fares can be found on their website.
Passengers are advised to check with the individual bus service providers for schedules, fares, and other information. The bus stops for each provider can be found at the terminal on the ground level near the baggage claim area.
Stewart International Airport Restaurants
Stewart International Airport has a variety of dining options to cater to the needs of passengers, with restaurants and cafes located on both the Upper and Lower Levels of the terminal building. Some of the dining options available at the airport include:
- Hudson Valley Market: Located on the Lower Level, the Hudson Valley Market offers a variety of grab-and-go options, including sandwiches, salads, and snacks.
- Dunkin Donuts: Located on the Upper Level, Dunkin Donuts offers a range of coffee, donuts, and other baked goods.
- Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen: Located on the Upper Level, Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen offers pizza, pasta, and other Italian favorites.
- Starbucks: Located on the Upper Level, Starbucks offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels: Located on the Upper Level, Auntie Anne’s Pretzels offers a variety of pretzels and dips.
- Hudson Valley Wine Bar: Located on the Upper Level, the Hudson Valley Wine Bar offers a selection of wines, craft beers, and light bites.
There are also several vending machines located throughout the airport, offering snacks and beverages. The hours of operation for each restaurant may vary, so passengers are advised to check with the individual restaurants for opening hours and menus.
Stewart International Airport Parking with Price
Stewart International Airport offers several parking options for passengers, including both short-term and long-term parking. The parking rates at Stewart International Airport are as follows:
- Short-Term Parking: Located directly across from the terminal building, the short-term parking lot offers parking for up to 24 hours. The rate is $3 for the first half-hour, $6 for the first hour, and $3 for each additional hour, up to a daily maximum of $24.
- Long-Term Parking: Located next to the short-term parking lot, the long-term parking lot offers parking for more than 24 hours. The rate is $3 for the first half-hour, $6 for the first hour, and $10 for each additional 24-hour period, up to a weekly maximum of $70.
- Economy Parking: Located further away from the terminal building, the economy parking lot offers parking for longer stays. The rate is $3 for the first half-hour, $6 for the first hour, and $7 for each additional 24-hour period, up to a weekly maximum of $50.
Passengers can pay for parking using cash or credit/debit cards at the pay stations located in the parking lots. Additionally, there is a free shuttle bus service available to transport passengers to and from the parking lots and the terminal building.
Stewart International Airport Long Term Parking
Stewart International Airport offers long-term parking options for passengers who need to park for extended periods of time. The long-term parking lot is located adjacent to the short-term parking lot, and shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the terminal building.
The daily rate for long-term parking is $10 per day, and the maximum weekly rate is $70. The parking lot is well-lit and monitored by security cameras for the safety and security of passengers and their vehicles.
Passengers can pay for long-term parking using cash or credit/debit cards at the pay stations located in the parking lots. The shuttle bus service runs 24/7, with shuttle buses departing from the parking lot to the terminal building every 15-20 minutes. The shuttle bus stops are located at designated areas in the parking lot and the terminal building, and passengers can use the courtesy phones in the baggage claim area to call for the shuttle bus.
Stewart International Airport Lost and Found
If you have lost an item at Stewart International Airport, you should immediately contact the airport’s Lost and Found department. The Lost and Found department is located in the baggage claim area on the Lower Level of the terminal building.
You can contact the Lost and Found department by calling (845) 838-2125. Alternatively, you can fill out a lost item form on the airport’s website, providing details about the lost item, your contact information, and your flight details.
Once an item is found, the airport’s Lost and Found department will make every effort to contact the owner of the item. If the owner cannot be located, the item will be held for 30 days. After 30 days, unclaimed items may be donated to charity, discarded, or sold at auction. It is important to note that certain items, such as medications, perishable items, and hazardous materials, may be disposed of immediately if they pose a safety risk.